Everyone needs a break sometimes but packing for that break can feel an awful lot like work. Luckily, we at Ziker Cleaners have a little bit of experience when it comes to packing clothes and keeping them looking fresh. We’re here to help! Here are a few tips to make your packing easy and keep you looking great:
- Make a list. We’ve all gone on a long road trip and arrived only to find we left something vital at home. Don’t let this happen to you! Make a list and check it twice. This makes sure you have all that you need and can also help with over-packing too. You’ll know exactly how many outfits you need and you know you don’t need any extras.
- Be flexible. Choose articles of clothing that can be used in several different ways or worn more than once. Use some eye-catching accessories to really make the same dress look new. If you wore it on day one you can probably get away with re-wearing it on day six. Also see if there is a washing machine available at the hotel you are staying at. If you can wash all your clothes a few days into your trip it may make packing much easier.
- Find a buddy. If you’re planning a trip with friends, is there anything you can share? Maybe your outfits aren’t shareable but certainly shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste can be shared. Packing only one will save you both some space.
- Take care of your bottles. Bottles of shampoo often leak in your suitcase if you haven’t planned for air pressure change. You can prepare yourself by squeezing any extra air out of the bottle, covering the opening with plastic wrap, and screwing the lid back on. To be extra sure you should also find a small cosmetics bag you can fit these items into. It could save you a lot of hassle down the road.
- Roll with it. Tightly roll items with stretchy fabric like t-shirts, cotton dresses or jeans. This prevents wrinkles and also saves space in your bag. If you have a few items that are especially prone to wrinkles, line the bottom of your case with rolled items first and fold or lay the other items on top.
- Beware of mixing colors. It’s always a good idea to turn white items inside out before packing. You don’t want them rubbing up against bright colors in your bag and coming out looking a little different.
- Keep it smelling fresh. Be sure to pack some fabric conditioner sheets or scented drawer liners along with your clothes to keep them all smelling fresh while you travel.
If you’re planning a big trip it’s always a good idea to make sure your favorite items are clean before you go. Bring them to us and we’ll have them photo-ready in no time!